cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 6D SHUTTER PROBLEM.

mrcrushiaal
Contributor

my 6d wont go into video mode, the mirror wont go up, the lcd screen doesnt work either, nor the buttons on the back of the lcd like info etc. but the wheel changes the shutter speed etc. when i upgraded the firmware. the lcd screen comes on. The camera fires great in automode (hdr) but when i switch to manual mode the mirror sticks then goes down. when i plug it to eos utilty, it doesnt show the fstop nor the aperture and live view mode wont work as the mirror wont go up. please help 

14 REPLIES 14

i know how to use the camera i have had 3 5d mark ii and now the 6d. the small lcd panel on the right has no issues. the shutter fire in automatic mode. put when put in manual or tv,av, the mirror go up slow and then back down. the live view switch is on photo mode. press it to video mode or pressing the button does nothing. the camera cant go into live view mode plus the lcd on the back doesnt come on

@mrcrushiaal wrote:

i know how to use the camera i have had 3 5d mark ii and now the 6d. the small lcd panel on the right has no issues. the shutter fire in automatic mode. put when put in manual or tv,av, the mirror go up slow and then back down. the live view switch is on photo mode. press it to video mode or pressing the button does nothing. the camera cant go into live view mode plus the lcd on the back doesnt come on

Everything you keep describing still sounds a lot like the camera is in Mirror Lockup mode.  Try removing the battery and the memory card, and then power up without a memory card.  The next step is to contact Canon Support.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

the camera is not in mirror lockup mode. it looks like it's a hardware problem. it will not go into live view mode, meaning it cant shoot video either.

the real problem is the camera wont go into video mode even whenLive View/ Movie Mode switch is pressed or turned and the back lcd doesnt come on. so therre is no way i can shoot video, not even if im connected to eos utilty 

Tim
Authority

Hello mrcrushiaal, 

I know there have been many different suggestions as to the origin of this issue.  One thing I would like to have you check is a button on the back of your camera marked <INFO>.  Pressing this button multiple times will cycle through the available on screen displays that your camera can display.  One of them turns the displays off completely, so we want to check that one is not activated.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements