cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 60D

soraya
Apprentice

MY BRAND NEW EOS 60 D LOCKS THE MEMORY CARDS AFTER 5 ORM6 PICTURES, IT SAYS "CAN NOT MAKE CARPET" OR " NO IMAGES" AND DOES NOT ALLOWE ME TO TAKE MORE PICTURES AND ERASES THE ONES TAKEN, AFTER I FORMATED THE CARDS, IT DOES THE SAME THING OVER AGAIN, I USED 3 DIFFERENT CARDS, WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'll take a shot and suggest:

A-Put card in slot, and FORMAT it.  If the memory card was used in another camera or device, it may have formatted it in such a way as to not be usable by your 60D.  If your 60D refuses to format the card, then format it in your computer, then format it again in your camera.  If problem persists, it's likely the card.  By the way...you're not using some ridiculously small card such as 2gig or something like that, are you?

B-If the above fails, buy a new card.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Skirball
Authority

Can not make carpet?  Seriously?

Your camera locks cards and your computer locks capital letters?
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

I'll take a shot and suggest:

A-Put card in slot, and FORMAT it.  If the memory card was used in another camera or device, it may have formatted it in such a way as to not be usable by your 60D.  If your 60D refuses to format the card, then format it in your computer, then format it again in your camera.  If problem persists, it's likely the card.  By the way...you're not using some ridiculously small card such as 2gig or something like that, are you?

B-If the above fails, buy a new card.

Thank you very much for your reply

JIKP
Apprentice

I have a EOS 60 D the top LCD screen has what looksm like a black or blue ink spot in it and of course it is not working. I have pressed on it and it does not change shape like there was a liquid there. Ant one ever see anything like this before.

20170930_121555.jpg

It is physically damaged.  Your camera appears to have "taken a hit" of some kind.  That sort of thing can happen bouncing around inside of a camera bag or a drawer, for example.

No amount of squeezing or pressing will wake up it, back to life..  A repair is costly, because they replace the entire top assembly of the camera, not just the actual screen component.

The camera may continue to function without a replacement, but at some point it can become an issue.  The screen is physically damaged at this point, but not to the degree where it affects the other electronics, like shorting out the power supply.  One little bump, or even a press on the screen with your thumb, can change all of that in an instant.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks for the reply and I was hoping for something simple but we all know how that goes.

I have no idea when it happened or how long ago, I have been using it and have no issues and will continue to keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks

Announcements