cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 1100D won't AF on manual mods

iamgabrieler
Apprentice

So I've got a 2012 Eos 1100D, also known as Rebel T3 if I'm not wrong. From some days, the camera won't auto focus with M, Tv, Av or P, but just on the auto mods. I've got two lenses with AF, the 18-55 and the 55-250 IS, and a bunch of old Canon lenses that I use with an adapter, all with MF. Both the 18-55 and te 55-250 have the same behaviour.

What could it be?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@iamgabrieler wrote:

So I've got a 2012 Eos 1100D, also known as Rebel T3 if I'm not wrong. From some days, the camera won't auto focus with M, Tv, Av or P, but just on the auto mods. I've got two lenses with AF, the 18-55 and the 55-250 IS, and a bunch of old Canon lenses that I use with an adapter, all with MF. Both the 18-55 and te 55-250 have the same behaviour.

What could it be?

If the camera can autofocus in “Basic” modes, but not any of the “Creative” modes, then the camera is probably functioning properly, and there is simply some setting that it is holding it back.  Make sure the camera is in “One Shot” AF mode, too.

If using One Shot AF mode does not fix it, then find the menu selection that resets the camera back to factory defaults, and reset the camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

cicopo
Elite

AF / MF switch on the lens needs to be in AF.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

It is.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@iamgabrieler wrote:

What could it be?

If the camera can autofocus in “Basic” modes, but not any of the “Creative” modes, then the camera is probably functioning properly, and there is simply some setting that it is holding it back.  Make sure the camera is in “One Shot” AF mode, too.

If using One Shot AF mode does not fix it, then find the menu selection that resets the camera back to factory defaults, and reset the camera.

Resetting personal settings (clear all custom function) indeed worked. Many thanks.

@iamgabrieler wrote:

Resetting personal settings (clear all custom function) indeed worked. Many thanks.

If clearing custom functions fixed it, then you may have had BBF, back button focus, setup in the camera.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements