cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 10D Flash not closing

tfey
Contributor

Using old 10D and the flash opened but now will not close.  Batteries could be old, too, but is there anything else that might be causing the issue other than the battery.  Have two new ones arriving Wednesday, so if it is the battery, that should solve the issue.  Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Mykolas
Authority

Hi tfey!

Thanks for the post!

Try removing the battery from the camera for a while, then closing the flash before you reinstall the battery.  If the flash still does not latch closed, the camera will require service.

Unfortunately, the EOS 10D is no longer in service life.  However, you may participate in the Canon Loyalty Program instead.  The Canon Loyalty Program option allows you to replace your current camera for a discounted fee, plus shipping.  The original non-functioning camera would then be returned to Canon USA for recycling using a prepaid shipping label that would be provided.  

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (800) OK CANON (800-652-2666) seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with online support and the Canon Loyalty Program was offered.  Be sure to have your serial number for your camera at the time of your call.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Mike, thank you for the tip. I will try your suggestion and hopefully that will do the trick. If not I will call Sales re: the loyalty program. Again, thank you so much for your help.

Mike, leaving the battery our did not work, but I did call Sales re: the loyalty program, and I have a Canon EOS 7D on the way.  I will be sending them the 10D to recycle. Thank you for the suggestion and responding to my question!

Announcements