cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dry Bag for Canon DSLR and Telephoto Lens

mjschocken
Enthusiast

I'm doing some birding/photography in Western Panama in a few months.  The trip includes boats, maybe canoes or kayaks.  I'll be bringing my gear (Canon 80D + Canon 100 - 400 mm telephone lens with 1.4 extender).  I've been looking for a waterproof (aka dry bag) to put my gear into in case it gets wet from rain, or worse, if the boat suffers spray or even capsizes.  There are many choices, from cheap to expensive, on the internet but I was wondering if anyone had suggestions or experience? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks a lot for these photos with the gear packed.  Helps a lot.  Mark

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Thanks. They were taken to help a US Serviceman pick a Pelican Case for his deployment to the middle east a few years ago. I'm getting my gear ready for tomorrows event & using my first version of the 100-400 as a referance I'd say you could get an 80D (or my 7D2 + 100-400 + a TC where the body & Sigma 80-400 OS was without touching the other side. I think the Ver 2 lens hood is very close in diameter to the ver 1 hood. 

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

For batteries, cables and othe small items you might want to check into the (re)zip resealable pouches. They're heavy gauge plastic and semi-transparent and claim to be leak-proof. The "zip lock" style closure makes a very secure seal. I've found them at the big-box office supply stores.

[link removed per forum guidelines]

@BurnUnit wrote:

For batteries, cables and othe small items you might want to check into the (re)zip resealable pouches. They're heavy gauge plastic and semi-transparent and claim to be leak-proof. The "zip lock" style closure makes a very secure seal. I've found them at the big-box office supply stores.

[link removed per forum guidelines]

Is there some place we can look to see the forum guidelines not merely stated, but rationalized? Is there any compelling reason why Canon should automatically block a link to a vendor whose products might help protect Canon equipment and which is not a Conan competitor? Is blocking such a link really necessary? Wouldn't a simple disclaimer do as well?

And in the unlikely event that you don't just ignore me, please don't say "We do it because our lawyers tell us to." Instead, ask them to explain it to us. You're already paying them a massive retainer; the time they spend writing an explanation won't affect your bill by any noticeable amount.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Hi, Bob!

You'll find the forum guidelines right HERE and at the top right of the page just above the "SEARCH" button.  Hope this helps!

@Danny wrote:

Hi, Bob!

You'll find the forum guidelines right HERE and at the top right of the page just above the "SEARCH" button.  Hope this helps!

So why it the "Disclaimer of Liability" paragraph not sufficient to make the prohibition against "Promotion of third party products, promotions, websites, organizations, goods or services" unnecessary? If there's reason to suppose that the "promotion" is in any way deceptive or fraudulent, that's another matter, but the rule is enforced much more stringently than that.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I wondered if that might happen after I'd posted my reply. Since it wasn't a link to a competitor's product I thought I'd leave it up and see what happened. I can understand the concern about off-site links.

My apologies.

The same info can be found by a search for "blue avocado rezip".

Announcements