cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't you think that the EOS ---D should have built in flash?

Cherry
Apprentice

Don't you think that the EOS new 6D, 5D Mark 3, etc, should have built in flash, even though they have an optical viewfinder.

It should have flash because it is more convinient and these EOS's are really good. If they are perfect, the should have flash in my opinion...

From,

11 year old boy who loves photography.

12 REPLIES 12

RLPhoto
Contributor

I believe that all EOS XD series camera made now should have BUILT-IN RT functions instead of built in flashes.

My Canon Prime Trinity + 24-105L
24L II - 50L - 135L
www.RamonLperez.com

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

There has never been a "flash" on a Canon 1D---. The FF bodies' prism actually occupies the space where the built-in flash would be and the required mechanisms to operate it. There is more room in the crop bodies and much easier to install it there.

Not to mention, they are underpowered and in the worst possibile place for red-eye. Plus robbing battery power. So I don't see Canon ever adding one to a 1D series. Possibly not ever on any of the FF bodies either.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ScottyP
Authority

In addition to all the other considerations, a built-in flash would not be tall enough to clear the end of many of the "serious" DSLR lenses, especially with lens hoods, without creating a lens shadow in the image.  My 17-55mm lens makes a shadow with the built-in flash on my T3i, and that is not an especially large lens.

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
Announcements