cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you shoot with your glasses on or off?

John_SD
Whiz

My viewfinder diopter can't compensate adaquately for my near-sighted vision, so I can't get a good adjustment. I finally said the h#@l with it and made the viewfinder adjustment with my glasses on.It's nice and sharp and so I shoot with my glasses on. 

You guys who wear glasses, do you take them on and off when you shoot, or just keep them on?

14 REPLIES 14

@Waddizzle wrote:

@John_SD wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:

I can adjust the diopter to the point where I can see clearly through the viewfinder when I am wearing my glasses.  What drives me nuts is that I have reading glasses, and driving glasses for seeing beyond the end of my arm.

Neither pair of eyeglasses is ideally suited for using the camera.  If I wear the driving glasses, then it is hard to read the LCD menus, but I can see very clearly through the viewfinder, except I cannot read the info display very well.  If I wear the reading glasses, then I can read the menus, but I cannot see through the viewfinder as well, except I can read the info display quite easily.

AARRGH  [Charlie Brown Yell]

Holy cow. That must be a pain, having to switch between those glasses. But at least you get some measure of visual correction from one pair or another. 

The upside of all this is that you must have more glasses in your drawer to choose from than Fred Sanford. 🙂

I don't switch.  Unless I forget to change, I normally use my driving glasses to shoot photographs.  While using the camera involves one compromise or another, at least the "long distance" glasses give me opportunity to better see subjects that I could photograph.

You guys use zoom lenses on your cameras, yet you use only "prime" lenses in your glasses? My driving glasses are trifocals: long-range for the road, intermediate for the dashboard, and reading glasses in case I have to stop and read a map. My main computer glasses are bifocals: mid-range for sitting at a terminal, reading glasses for reading. I have one pair of mid-range primes that used to be reading glasses when I was younger, but now serve ass extra-strong mid-range glasses for doing crosswords on a computer. I use the driving glasses for photography, but I'm frankly not sure which range I use most.

Open your eyes (no pun) and let modern technology in!

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:

@John_SD wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:

You guys use zoom lenses on your cameras, yet you use only "prime" lenses in your glasses? My driving glasses are trifocals: long-range for the road, intermediate for the dashboard, and reading glasses in case I have to stop and read a map. My main computer glasses are bifocals: mid-range for sitting at a terminal, reading glasses for reading. I have one pair of mid-range primes that used to be reading glasses when I was younger, but now serve ass extra-strong mid-range glasses for doing crosswords on a computer. I use the driving glasses for photography, but I'm frankly not sure which range I use most.

Open your eyes (no pun) and let modern technology in!

No pun intended, but that is still funny, though.  My prescriptions are so extreme that bifocals and trifocals are not an option.  I asked my optometrist for them, and the reply was immediate.  "Forget about it."

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Bi/tri/blended are old tech. Check this out:

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2013/03/the-return.html

Glasses with variable focal length, it really is a "zoom"

@RobertTheFat wrote:

You guys use zoom lenses on your cameras, yet you use only "prime" lenses in your glasses? My driving glasses are trifocals: long-range for the road, intermediate for the dashboard, and reading glasses in case I have to stop and read a map.

Let's see you walk down a long flight of steps with those trifocals. LOL. 🙂

@John_SD wrote:

@RobertTheFat wrote:

You guys use zoom lenses on your cameras, yet you use only "prime" lenses in your glasses? My driving glasses are trifocals: long-range for the road, intermediate for the dashboard, and reading glasses in case I have to stop and read a map.

Let's see you walk down a long flight of steps with those trifocals. LOL. 🙂

I do it frequently. Until I retired a few months ago, I used them every day to run down a very long escalator. I wear the trifocals most of the time; the others are mostly for when I'm at a computer.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements