cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay timer wont go away 60d.

Heisenballs
Apprentice

Hi,

I recently purchased a used 60d. I'd been have some success taking test photos around my house and the camera seemed to be working just fine. I don't think I changed any settings, but all of a sudden every photo started to have a 2 second delay and the camera will take photos of increasingly larger exposure times, sometimes 4-5 pictures.  If I press the menu button during this time there is small text that says Bracketing stopped.  I have checked the drive mode and it is on single shoot mode, but when I half press the shutter button I can see the little single shot symbol change to the 2 second delay symbol.  I have cleared the camera's settings and have been through all the settings what seems like a hundred times.  Is my camera broken?

Any help is great, thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Download the full Instruction Manual at this link.  Discover the "Q" button, and how to review and change all exposure settings.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support

To test if your camera is malfunctioning, or if you have garbled settings, turn the mode dial to the green "A".  Does it work?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@Heisenballs wrote:

Hi,

I recently purchased a used 60d. I'd been have some success taking test photos around my house and the camera seemed to be working just fine. I don't think I changed any settings, but all of a sudden every photo started to have a 2 second delay and the camera will take photos of increasingly larger exposure times, sometimes 4-5 pictures.  If I press the menu button during this time there is small text that says Bracketing stopped.  I have checked the drive mode and it is on single shoot mode, but when I half press the shutter button I can see the little single shot symbol change to the 2 second delay symbol.  I have cleared the camera's settings and have been through all the settings what seems like a hundred times.  Is my camera broken?

Any help is great, thanks.

No your camera is not broken.

To reset the camera, you have to both clear the camera settings, and reset the Custom Functions. This is done in two different places.

60d clear.JPG

AND Clear all Custom Func. (C.Fn)

60d cfn.JPG

Also make sure you do NOT have the mode dial set to C

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements