cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defective 1DX Mk ii

karynschiller
Contributor

I thought I was so lucky to have scored one of the first bodies from B&H.  Not so  much.  This flagship pro camera has NEVER workekd properly.  It is now back at Canon again (3rd repair) for the same issue - focus keeps slipping.  3 weeks later and I'm still waiting.  So I'm out nearly $7,000 and thats without counting the thousands spent on trips to shoot wildlife only to come back with soft images that are unusable.  Canon - DO THE RIGHT THING. Replace my body with a working one.

14 REPLIES 14

karynschiller wrote:

I guess your follow up worked- I just heard that the lens is being shipped today.  The reason for the delay - that it was being checked.  Yet when I asked last week on our call about the defective body if the lens had been checked, I was told that it had been and was found to be fine.  It is all about customer expectation  management.  Don't BS.  Just be truthful.  That earns you much better appreciation than constantly moving the goal posts. 

I suspect that they may have been checking the lens against other camera bodies to see if they had a wider problem. Would you begrudge them a day to do that?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

karynschiller
Contributor
Robert - first off it was 5 days not 1. But most of all, why not let me know what they were doing? Why let days go by, ignore my voicemails asking what was going on, when could I expect my lens back etc. it was just a black hole. I got he refurbished body but the lens didn’t come w it and no one would let me know where it was and what was going on.

@karynschiller wrote:
Robert - first off it was 5 days not 1. But most of all, why not let me know what they were doing? Why let days go by, ignore my voicemails asking what was going on, when could I expect my lens back etc. it was just a black hole. I got he refurbished body but the lens didn’t come w it and no one would let me know where it was and what was going on.

To be fair, the service centers tend to get backed up around winter holiday season.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

karynschiller
Contributor
Yes. True. But just call and let me know. For all I knew after I got my new body, the lens had gotten separated and was lost. Just communicate. Don’t go radio silent and ignore pleas for an update. After all that is the job of Customer Service. To service he customer, not the product.

" After all that is the job of Customer Service."

I don't know how long you have been in the photography business but it has been a lifetime for me.  I feel for you on the not knowing but I can assure you Canon is head and shoulders above the other choices.  I am not excusing them just saying it could have been a lot worse had you been the other big name brand.  Or, any of the off brand stuff.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements