Canon Community Canon Community

Frequent Contributor

Date and time setting on Camera don't seems to match when imported in to lightroom CC

Anyone experienced this issue before? I tripple checked the date and time setting on my 5DS to make sure they are accurate. However, when I imports the photos into lightroom CC, they would show up with wrong time stamp. I've tripple checked my iMAC and it definitely have the correct date and time. Curious what is causing this?

Thanks,

LV

Honored Contributor

Re: Date and time setting on Camera don't seems to match when imported in to lightroom CC

How much is the time off?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Super Contributor

Re: Date and time setting on Camera don't seems to match when imported in to lightroom CC

With the switch to DST I started gettintg the nag message in EOS utility about a time mismatch with my 1DX 2 until I reset the camera preferences to DST.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M2, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses
Frequent Contributor

I want to say it's off by at least half a day. Need to check again, been busy with work thus have not had the chance to test again, but definitely by a few hours if not more. Thoughts on what might be wrong?

Honored Contributor

@limvo05wrote:

I want to say it's off by at least half a day. Need to check again, been busy with work thus have not had the chance to test again, but definitely by a few hours if not more. Thoughts on what might be wrong?

That is too vague of a reply.  But, I am going to guess that you have not set a time zone in the camera.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Frequent Contributor

Finally got time to take some test photos, and can confirm that it is off by at least half day, i.e. 12 hours. Have tripple checked the settings Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@limvo05wrote:

Finally got time to take some test photos, and can confirm that it is off by at least half day, i.e. 12 hours. Have tripple checked the settings Smiley Sad

If you haven't done so already, use EOS Utility to synchronize the camera with the computer. Then watch to see if they drift apart.

Bob
Boston, Massachusetts USA
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

WOW, that took a while for me to get around to do this test! That said, I am glad to say that test result thus far seems to be positive, by that I mean, after I've synched the camera with the Mac, date time stamp seems to be accurate. Will do more tests tomorrow and see how that goes.

Thank you for the great suggestion!

LV