cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date and time setting on Camera don't seems to match when imported in to lightroom CC

limvo05
Rising Star

Anyone experienced this issue before? I tripple checked the date and time setting on my 5DS to make sure they are accurate. However, when I imports the photos into lightroom CC, they would show up with wrong time stamp. I've tripple checked my iMAC and it definitely have the correct date and time. Curious what is causing this?

Thanks,

LV

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

How much is the time off?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

With the switch to DST I started gettintg the nag message in EOS utility about a time mismatch with my 1DX 2 until I reset the camera preferences to DST.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

I want to say it's off by at least half a day. Need to check again, been busy with work thus have not had the chance to test again, but definitely by a few hours if not more. Thoughts on what might be wrong?

@limvo05wrote:

I want to say it's off by at least half a day. Need to check again, been busy with work thus have not had the chance to test again, but definitely by a few hours if not more. Thoughts on what might be wrong?

That is too vague of a reply.  But, I am going to guess that you have not set a time zone in the camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Finally got time to take some test photos, and can confirm that it is off by at least half day, i.e. 12 hours. Have tripple checked the settings 😞

@limvo05wrote:

Finally got time to take some test photos, and can confirm that it is off by at least half day, i.e. 12 hours. Have tripple checked the settings 😞

If you haven't done so already, use EOS Utility to synchronize the camera with the computer. Then watch to see if they drift apart.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

WOW, that took a while for me to get around to do this test! That said, I am glad to say that test result thus far seems to be positive, by that I mean, after I've synched the camera with the Mac, date time stamp seems to be accurate. Will do more tests tomorrow and see how that goes.

Thank you for the great suggestion!

LV

Announcements