cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSLR that saves direct to MacBook

waring192
Apprentice

Hi everyone,

Im looking for a sub £3000==/$300 DSLR Camera which I can have plugged into my MacBook (via USB) using the EOS Utility which I know can be used to change camera settings and take photos from the Mac as the Camera will be on a Tripod. Is that possible?

Also, I would like it to save the photos directly to the MacBook as soon as they are taken instead of going onto the SD card and then importing them.

If the above two questions is yes then I will pick up a 1200d/rebel T5i or the 1300d/rebel T6i for WIFi syooiet.

Thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I cannot speak for the Mac version.  With the PC version, I can specify any folder on the computer, but not network folders.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The EOS Utility is designed to be used for tethered shooting on a Windows PC.  I see no reason why a Mac would not.

Cheers.

What about auto saving to the Mac and not onto the HD? Its just I have lots and lots of stuff to photograph for my inventory of products and it would be helpful if I could select a destination folder for each product instead of importing loads at the same time.

I cannot speak for the Mac version.  With the PC version, I can specify any folder on the computer, but not network folders.

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

EOS Utility will work.   Adobe Lightroom has a tethering mode.   Kuuvik Capture (Dire Studio) is a dedicated tethered capture utility.  There are lots of options that all work with the Mac.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements