Legend
Legend

Maybe you will like these better.  I try to please! Smiley Happy

_D4_9792.jpg

_D4_9797.jpg

_D4_9806.jpg

_D4_9809.jpg

_D4_9812.jpg

All with my best of class, 1.3 body the EOS 1D Mk IV.  Birders favorite camera!  I love this camera. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
150 REPLIES 150

IMG_3441.JPGIMG_3438.JPG

Interesting shots alright but they need to be straightened.  DPP will do it but it is manual.

EB

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Interesting shots alright but they need to be straightened.  DPP will do it but it is manual.

I was'nt trying to take great shots here, only test shots to check my lines.  I don't know how to correct manual in DPP 3.  Remember I don't have DPP 4.  DPP4 is only an available upgrade for high end bodies like the ones you and Bob have.  You can do things in DPP 4  that Dpp 3 cannot do.

I see or am sensing you don't understand  Peripheral Illumination Correction?

It does not correct lens distortion.  That is a different thing.  The firmware is for the camera not the lens.  As far as I know Canon does not have firmware for its lenses. At least firmware they give to us.

The 60D has Lens Peripheral Illumination Correction, which corrects for lens shading or "vignetting", producing more uniform exposure across the frame by compensating for the light falloff that plagues some lenses in the corners of the

Anytime your lens outweighs the camera you should start to decide if it is going to put a strain on the camera mount.  BTW, you should always handle the lens when holding the combo.  Never hold it by the camera, only.

EB

@ebiggs1 wrote:

It does not correct lens distortion.  That is a different thing.  The firmware is for the camera not the lens.  As far as I know Canon does not have firmware for its lenses. At least firmware they give to us.

I understand it, I just did'nt explain it correctly.  Maybe I should be more specific in answering stuff and using the correct vocabulary.  I do tend to ad lib when I say stuff.

The 60D has Lens Peripheral Illumination Correction, which corrects for lens shading or "vignetting", producing more uniform exposure across the frame by compensating for the light falloff that plagues some lenses in the corners of the

Anytime your lens outweighs the camera you should start to decide if it is going to put a strain on the camera mount.  BTW, you should always handle the lens when holding the combo.  Never hold it by the camera, only.

Now that's very good Obiwan, you explained the why here.   When you explain the why, I'll always understand better and be more willing to follow your suggestion.  You have a tendacy to tell me to do something without explaining your reasoning or rashonal.  Sometimes when you do that, to me it may not make sense.

@ebiggs1 wrote:

I had this feature disabled till I turned it on at the Jazz Fest.  Then when I processed my RAW files DPP's ajustment corrections (sharpness, color sat, tint, etc)  would'nt work.  The only feature I could use was batch process to Jpeg and pic size.   Seems if I use this feature in camera when taking pics, I cannot correct anything in DPP.   DPP worked perfectly with this feature disabled in camera while taking pics..

As you know I am not a big fan on DPP.  I doubt that is the situation but I don't really know as I never tried.  I know it does not make any difference in LR.  I really don't see it would in DPP either.  Ask Bob from Boston.

My advice, however taken, is worth exactly what you paid for it. Nothing.  I am nobody and there are thousands of me out there.

There happen to be right ways and wrong ways to do this stuff.  I found most of the wrong ways.  Mostly because there was no internet in those days.  You did or you didn't.  One of two ways to go.

EB

@ebiggs1 wrote:

As you know I am not a big fan on DPP.  I doubt that is the situation but I don't really know as I never tried.  I know it does not make any difference in LR.  I really don't see it would in DPP either.  Ask Bob from Boston.

My advice, however taken, is worth exactl what you paid for it. Nothing.  I am nobody and there are thousands of me out there.

There happen to be right ways and wrong ways to do this stuff.  I found most of the wrong ways.  Mostly because there was no internet in those days.  You did or you didn't.  One of two ways to go.

Don't fret my Obiwan, I'm convinced now.  I am going to get LR but won't have it for a few days.  It'll be 3 or 4 days before I get delivery from B&H.  Situations like this, I've encountered, is what can make decisions for me.  I will always have to get what I need, to do what I need/want to do.  This is going to be a costly week I tell ya, right behind getting the 70-300mm.   LR, Tripod Collar, and new sling...Oh Boy!!!

@jazzman1 wrote:

IMG_3441.JPGIMG_3438.JPG

I must be missing something. I see little or no lopsidedness in the first picture. The second is less clear-cut, but I'm not sure I see it there either. Coastlines are tricky. As a coastline recedes from the viewer, it will appear to converge towards the horizontal centerline of the picture. That's because more vertical space is being subtended, the farther out you look. Remember what I said about verticals; they look pretty much OK to me. Don't be fooled by the flagpole; the flag is pulling it in the direction of the wind. Note that the building behind it is straighter. You may just be too picky.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@jazzman1 wrote:

IMG_3441.JPGIMG_3438.JPG

I must be missing something. I see little or no lopsidedness in the first picture. The second is less clear-cut, but I'm not sure I see it there either. Coastlines are tricky. As a coastline recedes from the viewer, it will appear to converge towards the horizontal centerline of the picture. That's because more vertical space is being subtended, the farther out you look. Remember what I said about verticals; they look pretty much OK to me. Don't be fooled by the flagpole; the flag is pulling it in the direction of the wind. Note that the building behind it is straighter. You may just be too picky.

Thanks Bob you're very kind.  I'm not picky, but I am hard on myself.  I'm my worst critic.  I'm somewhat a perfectionist in the things I like to do.  Not a total perfectionist, but somewhat of one.   I'm not a happy camper when I don't get things right.  I have been catching the blues trying to get my lines right in my pics on the water.   What you're saying may explain part of my delima, in that I'm not understanding just what the correct lines on the shore should be.  I admit, I forgot your suggestion to line up the buildings in the middle of the pic here, and keep letting the actual shoreline throw me off.  What you're saying here makes sense.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements