cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOP displaying instead of shutter speed

CZM
Contributor

EOS 60D. I did something, but I don't know what, to change the shutter speed display to DOP. This happens when I am in Av or Tv mode, not in full Manual or Program mode. I need my shutter speed back! I scanned through the manual, and I triied clearing custom functions. No luck in fixing the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

what you arer seeing is a slow shutter speed - thats 2.5 seconds.

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

what you arer seeing is a slow shutter speed - thats 2.5 seconds.

Thanks, John!

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Can you post a photo of display? I never saw DOP. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

So sorry! A typo. I meant DOF. Depth of Field. 

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@CZM wrote:

EOS 60D. I did something, but I don't know what, to change the shutter speed display to DOP. This happens when I am in Av or Tv mode, not in full Manual or Program mode. I need my shutter speed back! I scanned through the manual, and I triied clearing custom functions. No luck in fixing the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Try resetting the camera.  But, before you do, have you reprogrammed the Main Wheel to adjust aperture, instead of shutter speed?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

@CZM wrote:

Try resetting the camera.  But, before you do, have you reprogrammed the Main Wheel to adjust aperture, instead of shutter speed?

Hmmm. I will need to look up how to reprogram the Main Wheel. If I did that, I must be a wiz! If I did inadvertently reprogram the Main Wheel, would it impact only AV and Tv priority modes? Thanks. 

I think before you start playing around with the camera settings it may be advisable to do a little reading on the subject of apertures and shutter speeds.

I assume what you are calling DOF is actually the aperture, the camera is not capable of displaying DOF.

@CZM wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:

@CZM wrote:

Hmmm. I will need to look up how to reprogram the Main Wheel. If I did that, I must be a wiz! If I did inadvertently reprogram the Main Wheel, would it impact only AV and Tv priority modes? Thanks. 

I think we need a picture of what you're talking about.  I have never heard of a DOF symbol being displayed anywhere...

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

CZM
Contributor

image1.JPG
Sent from my iPhone
I tried to paste in a photo on the screen.

@CZM wrote:

image1.JPG
Sent from my iPhone

I couldn't see the image.  When you post the message, click on the picture symbol then you can upload the file.  Please try again. Thanks.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

@diverhank wrote:

@CZM wrote:

image1.JPG
Sent from my iPhone

I couldn't see the image.  When you post the message, click on the picture symbol then you can upload the file.  Please try again. Thanks.

Diverhank, thanks for the suggestions / comments. When I took the photo with my phone, I could not find a photo icon on the small screen. I currently don't have my  camera with me, but if I have connectivity tomorrow, I will try taking the photo with my iPad. If no connectivity is available tomorrow, I may not have any for 1.5 weeks.

The camera screen was displaying, in the shutter speed "square," numbers with quote and apostrophe symbols, hence my assumption that I was seeing DOF.

If you are a diver, you may understand why I choose CZM as a user name -- my favorite airport!

Many thanks for your kind assistance.

Announcements