cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color temperature changing during video shot (7D)

ri_baptista
Apprentice

Hello!

Yesterday I shot some videos with my 7D and after downloading the videos to my laptop I noticed every movie starts with the correct color temperature and after a few seconds the colors seem a lot hotter.

Does somebody knows why this happens and how can I prevent that?

Here are some facts:

* I was using Live View so I could trigger movie recording remotely from my laptop (I was shooting alone).

* I recorded SEVERAL takes within a period of 4 hours, each take lasting about 2 minutes, and waiting about 1 or 2 minutes before starting recording the next take (sometimes I started immediately). I kept just the very last ones, so I don't know if this issue was happening during the first takes. Could this problem be related to camera sensor working for hours straight, even taking a break of 1 or 2 minutes between each take?

* Light sources remained constant during the entire recording session.

Below are some screenshots so you can see what I'm talking about:

Thanks!

AT THE START OF THE VIDEO:

7d_before.png

AFTER A FEW SECONDS (notice how skin tones changed drastically):

7d_after.png

12 REPLIES 12

@Rdf254 wrote:
No this happens in Manual mode.

Manual shooting mode, and the other creative modes, are independent of the WB setting.  But, congrats on finding a resolution.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Rdf254
Contributor
I just discovered that you ar totally right. Not sure how I got to the C setting but YOUR CORRECT. Thank you so much for the insight greatly appreciated.

Rdf254
Contributor
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction funny how simple things get overlooked.
Announcements