cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the ISO in CF on a 1D mkiii

vandv61
Contributor

I have been unable to change the ISO in the CF menu to get it to go to 100 or lower The lowest it will go is ISO200 What am I not doing correctly? 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

cicopo
Elite

According to the manual for my Mark 4 (may be the same) is Cfun 1-3 and you have to choose Register & then APPLY whatever setting you REGISTER (if I'm reading the instruction correctly). I think you can choose more than 1 choice as the high & low limit

Just tried it out & I am reading it correctly. In Cfn 1-3 I have 3 choices, & if I choose Register I can then select the high limit on the first line, the low limit on the second line & then I had to select APPLY to lock them in.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Ody
Apprentice

Disable highlight tone priority.

Thank You,  That did it, but why would that be set that way? and again thank you for your help

Looks like the same thing is needed on the mark 4 for it to work too.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

I think it keeps ISO at 200 so the camera highlight tone priority function can play with the dynamic range by manipulating the ISO value below it.  If you shoot RAW, you can do it yourself post processing.  Having ISO stuck at 200 or higher is too limiting.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr
Announcements