cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon camera connect refresh

Trottsky
Contributor
Is there any way to have the Image review function refresh when a new image arrives in full screen? It only seems to refresh in the thumbnail view
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Look into the Shuttersnitch app.

https://www.shuttersnitch.com/

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Stephen

Hi Trottsky!

Thanks for reaching out to Canon USA!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what Canon equipment you're using, any error messages you're seeing, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x), as well as the way you connect to your device (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please call 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

Trottsky
Contributor
Hi Stephen, thanks for the response. I'm using the 5D mk4 connected via ad hoc wifi network to an iPad pro running the Canon camera connect app. iOS is the latest, 10.3.3 iirc.

Trottsky
Contributor

Can I please get some help on this?

@Trottsky wrote:

Can I please get some help on this?

Have you had an opportunity to try it on a Windows computer? If it doesn't work there either, there's probably a larger cohort of people on the forum who might be able to help you debug the problem.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply, but I am only interested in using the app on an ipad.

My only use for this feature is shooting on location with the ipad as a monitor for my clients. The app is mostly perfect and works well, I would just like the app to show the new images as they come through

Hi, Trottsky! Thanks for your post!

This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. We do hope someone is able to assist! If this is a time-sensitive matter, of if you are looking to get support from Canon, please reach out to our US-based technical support team at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks!

Thanks Jason, I have reached out to Canon directly now too

Tim
Authority

Hello Trottsky, 

You mention reaching out to Canon directly in light of this issue.  As this is from several months ago, is this issue still prevalent or has this been resolved? 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for following up, I received this response from Canon in October 2017:

Thank you for contacting Canon product support.  I understand that when viewing an image in full screen on the Canon Camera Connect App, you would like to the app to show the new images at they are being taken.  I will be able to address this for you.

The Canon Camera Connect App is operating as it is currently intended.  If you are viewing an image in full screen, a new image taken does not automatically replace the one already being viewed.  I can see where it can be helpful if the new images did appear in full screen as you are taking them.  This is a function that we can suggest to our app developers. I appreciate your feedback and I will make sure to pass this along towards the appropriate parties.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Thank you for contacting Canon.

Sincerely,

Rodney
Technical Support Representative

It's only a small thing, but it would make a huge difference when my client is using the ipad as a monitor on location shoots

Announcements