Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Canon WFT-E8A

Hi.  I have a WFT-E8A conntacted to my 1Dx2.  I'm trying to use a Verizon JetPack (model #AC791L) to send images to my FTP.

I got it set up and connected 1Dx2 to the JetPack, but when i try to transmit.....it keeps trying to send and never goes out.  I've confirmed the camera is connected to the JetPack, but i don't see any data going through.

Anyone else have this specific issue with the Verizon JetPack? 

TIA

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Canon WFT-E8A

JohnPhotography wrote:

Hi.  I have a WFT-E8A conntacted to my 1Dx2.  I'm trying to use a Verizon JetPack (model #AC791L) to send images to my FTP.

I got it set up and connected 1Dx2 to the JetPack, but when i try to transmit.....it keeps trying to send and never goes out.  I've confirmed the camera is connected to the JetPack, but i don't see any data going through.

Anyone else have this specific issue with the Verizon JetPack? 

TIA

I suggest that you use your own router in "pass through" mode, which means it sits between your home LAN and your internet service provider's box.

By using your own router, if your ISP changes the box, if you change ISP provider or move, the changes will be invisible to your network.  

Besides, it is easier to get help with connecting to your own router, than it is to get help connecting your ISP router.  The box that your ISP uses is purposely, not well documented.  You are at their mercy when it comes to finding assistance.  

My advice is to go out and purchase your own router for your home LAN.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
New Contributor

I forgot to mention, i am transmitting remotely.  I am out in the field using a Verizon JetPack to transmit.

Esteemed Contributor

JohnPhotography wrote:

I forgot to mention, i am transmitting remotely.  I am out in the field using a Verizon JetPack to transmit.

Assuming that the JetPack recognizes the IP address of the camera's WiFi adapter (which I guess you've already confirmed), it sounds as though the problem must be with your cell phone or satellite phone service.

Bob
Boston, Massachusetts USA
New Contributor

That's what i'm afraid of.  The issue is so specfic, I'm afraid if i reach out to Verizon; they'll get no where.

Thanks again.