cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon WFT-E8A

JohnPhotography
Apprentice

Hi.  I have a WFT-E8A conntacted to my 1Dx2.  I'm trying to use a Verizon JetPack (model #AC791L) to send images to my FTP.

I got it set up and connected 1Dx2 to the JetPack, but when i try to transmit.....it keeps trying to send and never goes out.  I've confirmed the camera is connected to the JetPack, but i don't see any data going through.

Anyone else have this specific issue with the Verizon JetPack? 

TIA

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@JohnPhotography wrote:

Hi.  I have a WFT-E8A conntacted to my 1Dx2.  I'm trying to use a Verizon JetPack (model #AC791L) to send images to my FTP.

I got it set up and connected 1Dx2 to the JetPack, but when i try to transmit.....it keeps trying to send and never goes out.  I've confirmed the camera is connected to the JetPack, but i don't see any data going through.

Anyone else have this specific issue with the Verizon JetPack? 

TIA

I suggest that you use your own router in "pass through" mode, which means it sits between your home LAN and your internet service provider's box.

By using your own router, if your ISP changes the box, if you change ISP provider or move, the changes will be invisible to your network.  

Besides, it is easier to get help with connecting to your own router, than it is to get help connecting your ISP router.  The box that your ISP uses is purposely, not well documented.  You are at their mercy when it comes to finding assistance.  

My advice is to go out and purchase your own router for your home LAN.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I forgot to mention, i am transmitting remotely.  I am out in the field using a Verizon JetPack to transmit.

@JohnPhotography wrote:

I forgot to mention, i am transmitting remotely.  I am out in the field using a Verizon JetPack to transmit.

Assuming that the JetPack recognizes the IP address of the camera's WiFi adapter (which I guess you've already confirmed), it sounds as though the problem must be with your cell phone or satellite phone service.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

That's what i'm afraid of.  The issue is so specfic, I'm afraid if i reach out to Verizon; they'll get no where.

Thanks again.

See if this string gives any help.

https://www.shuttersnitch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2180

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements