cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS, weird colors of LCD screen

Nansku
Apprentice

My camera’s colors of pictures look weird, when I watch them on the LCD screen.

weird_colors.jpg

When I download pictures to my computer, pictures look fine. Otherwise camera is working well.  Has anyone had this kind of problem before? Can you give me any hint or tip how I solve this problem.

17 REPLIES 17

ledper
Apprentice

Hi!... I have the exact same problem on my 70 d... did you manage to solve it?... or at least find out what was causing the problem?

in my case was the issue was sporadic... sometimes the screen was fine and in the middle of a shooting starts to get "posterized" and later was ok again....  now it got stuck on "posterized" for a few days  =(

backwoodsbelle
Apprentice

This just happened to me also with my Canon 70D.  Sent to cannon for repair, and it's a $400 repair.  Trying to decide what to do now....

TTMartin
Authority
Authority
Be sure you are not wearing polarized glasses.

in my case is not a setup issue, or polarized glases haha... is definitely something broken inside... I sent it to repair a month ago ( $300 repair for replacing the screen) and just recived a call from the shop telling me that they replaced the screen but the issue is still there, and it's a motherboard issue and there is no repair  o_O  and they don't replace the board...  (here in Montevideo, Uruguay)... so... I'll try sending the camera to another shop

TTMartin
Authority
Authority
Also, if you have 'blinkies' on be sure you don't have positive exposure compensation dialed in.

backwoodsbelle
Apprentice
I don't even own polarized glasses. Canon said I need a new LCD screen. I'm so tired of people assuming people don't know how to work their cameras, I've been shooting with this camera for 3 years, been operating a camera for about 8. I know what I'm doing when it comes to cameras but this camera was terrible quality for the cost.

@backwoodsbelle wrote:
I don't even own polarized glasses. Canon said I need a new LCD screen. I'm so tired of people assuming people don't know how to work their cameras, I've been shooting with this camera for 3 years, been operating a camera for about 8. I know what I'm doing when it comes to cameras but this camera was terrible quality for the cost.

You're quite right, and I'll take it upon myself to apologize on behalf of the group. All you did was throw out a useless offhand remark, and we unthinkingly assumed that you were actually looking for help. In our defense, I'll point out that many of the people who join the forum actually are looking for help, so it was an innocent mistake. Also note that at least one other person had the same problem. So when Tom mentioned polarized glasses as a possible contributor, he wasn't necessarily aiming the suggestion only at you, leaving you free to ignore it without further comment.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Benminci
Apprentice
I know this is an old post, but I just purchased a 5D with this issue and fixed it myself. All I did was open the back of the camera, which is a matter of undoing 6 screws. I unplugged both flat wires that connect the LCD to the camera, and plugged them back in. This fixed the issue completely.
Announcements