cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 80d LCD stay lit even when I look through viewfinder.

vinaybn
Apprentice

Hi,

I have bought Canon EOS 80D. I have the live shooting mode on, but the LCD stay on even I look through the viewfinder. Is there any settings that I need to enable or 80d doesn't have this functionality??

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@vinaybn wrote:

Hi,

I have bought Canon EOS 80D. I have the live shooting mode on, but the LCD stay on even I look through the viewfinder. Is there any settings that I need to enable or 80d doesn't have this functionality??

I think having Live View enabled is why the LCD stays lit. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@vinaybn wrote:

Hi,

The 80D is a Single Lens Reflex camera, which means when you look through the viewfinder, you are seeing through the lens using a series of prisms and mirrors.

When you turn on Liveview, one of those mirrors needs to move, so that the image sensor can see what is coming through the lens.

So in Liveview the image is only displayed on the rear of the camera.

Mirrorless cameras like the EOS M5 use a small OLED display in the viewfinder, so the camera is technically always in Liveview.

Announcements