Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Canon EOS 70D won't turn on

[ Edited ]

Today I was doing my friend's daughter's first birthday pictures when out of no where the camera just froze up, said "error" (on the LCD control panel, not the screen). I tried to turn it off, but it didn't go off. I took out of the battery and put it back in. At some point (I was flustered and can't recall) the camera turned off, but the memory card light stayed on. It eventually went off, but then the camera wouldn't come on at all. I tried doing some of the tricks online-turning the camera on and off, taking out the battery, taking out the SD card, checking the SD slot and battery spot. Nothing works. :/ 

I've seen many people ended up spending $400+ sending it to Canon to have this (or at least something that caused the same fate), but I'm not certain it's even worth it when you can buy a new body for $800.

Did anyone have an easy resolve? Did you have to send it to Canon? How much did it cost you?

Product Expert
Product Expert

Re: Canon EOS 70D won't turn on

Hello michellecorm, 

It sounds as though your camera may be in need of evaluation.  

You may fill out an online repair request form at the following link to setup your repair using our online service.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Canon EOS 70D won't turn on

Sell it as is and buy a 80D