cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 70D battery/firmware error

Readster
Apprentice

Okay - Canon wants me to ship it back - I don't want to be without it that long, and I'm sure I didn't keep the receipt... so

Swapped the battery for fresh, and got a "FIRMWARE UPDATE ERROR" - power is off, tried swapping an SD card, no go.  Downloaded MagicLanter firmware to an SD card, and the camera will load - but won't load the ML firmware (good I didn't really want that) but I am not having any luck finding the original 70D firmware file in the support pages... anyone know where I can get eos70d-v111-win.zip to put on an SD card?  assuming that's the right original file.  That's all I need - is to reinstall the original firmware.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

@Readster wrote:

Okay - Canon wants me to ship it back - I don't want to be without it that long, and I'm sure I didn't keep the receipt... so

Swapped the battery for fresh, and got a "FIRMWARE UPDATE ERROR" - power is off, tried swapping an SD card, no go.  Downloaded MagicLanter firmware to an SD card, and the camera will load - but won't load the ML firmware (good I didn't really want that) but I am not having any luck finding the original 70D firmware file in the support pages... anyone know where I can get eos70d-v111-win.zip to put on an SD card?  assuming that's the right original file.  That's all I need - is to reinstall the original firmware.

Thanks.

That may be a bigger job than you think. Historically, Canon DSLRs haven't responded well to errors in updating their firmware. I once had to send a camera to the Canon shop because I inadvertently botched a firmware update. I suspect that finding the firmware file will be the easy part and that you may have trouble getting it to install. If it doesn't go smoothly, don't waste your time; send it in. The Canon shop will know how to fix it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements