cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 6D has problem with yellow tint lcd

pcstar
Contributor

Canon EOS 6D has problem with yellow tint lcd, i can't custom WB with lcd, when i see the image on lcd is warm but when i shooted and preview on macbook or iphone, this became blue than the lcd, what happened with my lcd, i bought it 2 week ago in Vietnam, i compared it with another 6D and my camera 6D is more yellow tint than another. Who can help me dicuss about it and how to fix theme? I feel sad now because it bought from my salary and i am a student in college! I search on Google and the image same my problem, my camera same with 5DSR.

comparejpg

47 REPLIES 47

But, has everything to do with having the most accurate white balance for your recorded video. And that is the ultimate goal. 

Not according to the thread title. We could of solved this three pages ago by saying: The LCD is not to be used for calibrating color.

@kvbarkley wrote:

Not according to the thread title. We could of solved this three pages ago by saying: The LCD is not to be used for calibrating color.

The LCD is not to be used for calibrating color.

You should have said that 3 pages ago! 8^)

Obviously not. And I'm not sure that he/she try to do that. 
I thing he/she just want to check pictures he/she have just done, and check that everything is all right. Not a big problem with WB or Exposition. Given that all the other camera I have used so far have a LCD screen we can used is this goal, I think that we can say, that this screen is simply not good, or that there is a probleme with the calibration of the screen from the factory. And that a big shame from canon !

(sorry for my bad english).

The histogram will tell you if you have a color bias. The screen can only be used for composition and relative brightness - the 6D might even have an automatic brightness control!

Yes of cours. You can controle your picutres exposition and your WB even with a S****** screen. Screen is just a preview, with no fidelity . But when the screen is yellow, this not "just" a little probleme.  If it would have been for a verry cheap camera, we would have understand , but there ....

This is sad that canon did not provide here a good quality screen. 

@alexandremayeur wrote:

Obviously not. And I'm not sure that he/she try to do that. 

Actually that was what the OP was trying to do and the reason they were complaining about it.  They wanted to use the LCD to set the white balance for video recording. The best most accurate option set the white balance for video recording is to use a grey card and custom white balance.

You guys aren't getting it. Our LCD's are messed up and you just say to shoot RAW and not worry about it?

I just bought a 6D (serial starting with 2) and have the same issue. It's seriously warm compared to every other Canon I've owned and am seriously considering taking it back as a result.

Yeah, ok, it's just to generally see brightness and such, but try having an LCD with the color off like this and see how you like it. I came here looking for an answer to this problem and so far no one has given one and simply dismissed it.

What do you want us to suggest?

Unless you can find the LCD color calibration controls in a menu somewhere the only thing you can do is call Canon and send it back.

Announcements