cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 6D has problem with yellow tint lcd

pcstar
Contributor

Canon EOS 6D has problem with yellow tint lcd, i can't custom WB with lcd, when i see the image on lcd is warm but when i shooted and preview on macbook or iphone, this became blue than the lcd, what happened with my lcd, i bought it 2 week ago in Vietnam, i compared it with another 6D and my camera 6D is more yellow tint than another. Who can help me dicuss about it and how to fix theme? I feel sad now because it bought from my salary and i am a student in college! I search on Google and the image same my problem, my camera same with 5DSR.

comparejpg

47 REPLIES 47

I don't know. An acknowledgement that Canon screwed up here would be nice instead of people seemingly saying we should just live with it. I will say that it's refreshing to see someone on this thread at least suggest sending it back because it is defective, so thanks for that.

I'd prefer to just change a setting in the menus for warmth of the screen if anyone knows where that is but as far as I can tell, that doesn't exist.

Really, the warmth is nuts. They look fine once you get them on the computer. It's as if Canon completely miscalibrated the screen.

TTMartin
Authority
Authority
We said the proper way to do white balance is with a grey card not off the appearance of the LCD. If doing that means you can live with the LCD that is your conclusion not ours.

Yeah, output (WB is not the same as the miscalibrated screen from Canon, which is what needs fixed) isn't the issue. I'm well-aware of how to do WB. I'm going to assume all this means that there is no solution to the problem with the screen on the camera. 

Apparently, we aren't the only ones with issues: http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=26495.0

I'll post an update if I can ever figure out something elsewhere. 

I had the same issue. 

My camera was still under guaranty, so I send it to Canon. The said there was no probleme, and that everything was good. 
A technician guy even phone me, and told me he could not do anything. It comes from the screen it's. They can not change it.
The screen is still yellow.....

@alexandremayeur wrote:

I had the same issue. 

My camera was still under guaranty, so I send it to Canon. The said there was no probleme, and that everything was good. 
A technician guy even phone me, and told me he could not do anything. It comes from the screen it's. They can not change it.
The screen is still yellow.....

Can you post a sample photo taken by the camera that shows up on the LCD with a yellow tint?

Can you post a photo of the LCD displaying the same image as above, with the yellow tint?

Without actual samples and facts, everyone is simply talking past one another.  I own a 6D, and sometimes I can take pictures indoors that show with a LOT of yellow tint.  In fact, all of my cameras do it whenever I do not set a White Balance to compensate for my artificial lighting.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

When i took photo in Raw, everything is simple but when i can't custom WB when i use live screen to record video because it more yellow tint

@pcstar wrote:

When i took photo in Raw, everything is simple but when i can't custom WB when i use live screen to record video because it more yellow tint

You can set your camera's custom white balance with a grey card before you begin shooting video. See page 121 of the 6D instruction manual.

6D CWB 1.jpg6D CWB 2.jpg6D CWB 3.jpg6D CWB 4.jpg

It's like two image under

My friend has a 6D and my 6D more yellow tint, it may be simple if the screen is true of color because i use for recording clip, sometime may not use greycard, it's more difficult

9284c28d677042bc9d11637679c1470c.jpga4f8446703994d5fb994744f2b4eee08.jpg

OK, these are iPhone photos of the camera next to the images in Lightroom with no adjustments, so it may not be as clear to you as it is to me when viewing images live or entirely scientific. Other than that, I can tell you I'm not making this up. Sorry for the site auto-rotating my square images.

image2.JPG

image1.JPG

Announcements