cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 6D has problem with yellow tint lcd

pcstar
Contributor

Canon EOS 6D has problem with yellow tint lcd, i can't custom WB with lcd, when i see the image on lcd is warm but when i shooted and preview on macbook or iphone, this became blue than the lcd, what happened with my lcd, i bought it 2 week ago in Vietnam, i compared it with another 6D and my camera 6D is more yellow tint than another. Who can help me dicuss about it and how to fix theme? I feel sad now because it bought from my salary and i am a student in college! I search on Google and the image same my problem, my camera same with 5DSR.

comparejpg

47 REPLIES 47

I try to use my friend's iphone or ipad to take one picture by using EOS camera Remote or EOS camera Connect app to set K temperature or use my experience when five months using it, it maybe yellow than real temperature about 300-400 K temperature so you can set down 300-400 K

Ohhh !!! 

This is a solution, if you have the time to do it , but it does not fixe the pb ! 😄

Did you try ton contact canon , ask what they think about it ? 

I think Canon 6D yellow tint issue happened with Serial start with number 3 (Ex:3XXXXXXXXX), because i have compared with Serial start with number 0,1,2, it's normal (monitor screen is more cyan than serial 3)

Ah !

Thank you Pcstar.

So it's an official knowed problem !

I have work with Canon body for long time ! And have work with other body, and other brand.

10D , 20D, 7D , 5D, 5Dm3, 6D .... I can tell you that this yellow tint is the first time I see that on a Canon body !  Is not a simple small mistake for me. I don't ask the screen to be perfect, but there, it's worst than a cheap no-calibreted cell-phone (for the fidelity of the color I mean). You need at least a screen that show you if you are in good WB balance, and, most of all, if you are well exposed or not.

So If you tell me it's on all the 3XXXXXXXX serie .... Well , it's a shame ! I would have never buy that body if I had know that before...

Well , I have just check mine, it's a 2XXXXXXXXXXX serie ....

pcstar
Contributor
Oh, i'm sad when hearing about it, my friends using same 6D with me, but only my 6d had problem, i can't set true WB when recording movie so i have difficult when grading it 😞 , i want to change the screen but i don't have more money because i'm an student in university and i've many problem about the life

You can set your camera's custom white balance with a grey card before you begin shooting video. See page 121 of the 6D instruction manual.

6D CWB 1.jpg6D CWB 2.jpg6D CWB 3.jpg6D CWB 4.jpg

my camera 6D Screen have problem, it's displayed with wrong color Temperature, maybe it more yellow than another 6D of my friends, i usually shoot with Manual WB so i know how to work with manual WB, thank you!

Set your in camera WB to Auto.  Turn off Automatic Lighting.  Use Standard PictureStyle.  Record your images as RAW.  You can make all of those prevous adjustments in post-processing, provided you record your images in RAW format.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

TTMartin
Authority
Authority
The above is about custom white balance using a gray card which is different than manual white balance which involves setting the color temperture in Kelvin.

And has nothing to do with calibrating the image on the LCD

Announcements