cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 6D has problem with yellow tint lcd

pcstar
Contributor

Canon EOS 6D has problem with yellow tint lcd, i can't custom WB with lcd, when i see the image on lcd is warm but when i shooted and preview on macbook or iphone, this became blue than the lcd, what happened with my lcd, i bought it 2 week ago in Vietnam, i compared it with another 6D and my camera 6D is more yellow tint than another. Who can help me dicuss about it and how to fix theme? I feel sad now because it bought from my salary and i am a student in college! I search on Google and the image same my problem, my camera same with 5DSR.

comparejpg

47 REPLIES 47

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

How much do you know about photography?  Most likely is your WB is way off.  Reset the camera to factory defaults.  Go out side on a daylighted day at Noon.  Set the WB to 'daylight' and try it again.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

No no... i want to show off about my lcd. It's yellow than another. i used my 6D compare with another 6D. i copy one picture to 2 SD cards to compare one picture with same brightness on LCD. It show my LCD is yellow... I hear on google it's yellow/green tint cast....

Is this really a big issue? I have D30, 1000D, 7D and 6D. No one has exactly the same colour temperature as the other. Especially not the old D30. Shoot in raw format and you don't need to think if the colour of your LCD matches the colour of your computer screen.

pcstar
Contributor
I want to ask... i have compare with three 6D other. But only my screen have problem with yellow. I use it to record movie. So i can't set K on clip

Compare again, same settings and take a picture of the cameras together. Then ask Canon Servie center.

You should not be adjusting the white balance (color temperature) of your camera based on the image you see on the LCD screen. You should not even adjust exposure based on the image you see on the LCD screen.  The LCD review is only there to validate things such as composition, focus, subject didn't blink, etc.  It's not there to analyze color or exposure.

Regardless of how the image appears on the LCD (which is not color calibrated) the image may (and probably will) look different on your computer screen (especially if you've color-calibrated your computer's display.)  

If you want to know that you are getting accurate white balance, use a "gray card" -- a simple neutral gray surface.  The card itself is a perfect neutral gray.  You can take a photo of the card in the same lighting as your subject, then select "custom" white balance.  It will ask you for a reference image and you select the image of the gray card.  The camera will analyize the pixel colors (knowing that they should have equal amounts of red, green, and blue if they are truely gray) and determine if the pixels are tinted (favoring any particular color component).  This allows the camera to detect that the light itself is creating a color cast and it can neutralize that color cast.

I prefer to shoot RAW.  In RAW, the camera doesn't apply white-balance correction in the camera -- that's done on the computer.  But I shoot a single frame with the gray card in it so I can use it as the neutral reference to color correct all the other images.

On my first DSLR (after shooting film for years) I noticed the images look rather underexposed, so I boosted the exposure.  It turns out they weren't underexposed and I should have trusted my exposure settings and light meter and not the display.  The dispay itself was simply set too dim.  

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Oh. I think my lcd have problem because it not same K temperature. I use 2 6D to compare with same setting... and then i copy it to macbook... macbook screen same with 6D not my... so i can't use my 6D to set K temperature. i want to set K to recording movie clip

@pcstar wrote:
Oh. I think my lcd have problem because it not same K temperature. I use 2 6D to compare with same setting... and then i copy it to macbook... macbook screen same with 6D not my... so i can't use my 6D to set K temperature. i want to set K to recording movie clip

You can still set your camera's custom white balance with a grey card before you begin shooting video. See page 121 of the 6D instruction manual.

6D CWB 1.jpg6D CWB 2.jpg6D CWB 3.jpg6D CWB 4.jpg

alexandremayeur
Contributor

Hi Pcstar, 

I have the exact same probleme. 
Have you found any solution ? 
It's proabably a calibration of the body screen at the factory. But how to fixe it ? 

Announcements