cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 80D high speed shutter

gkowen63
Apprentice

I have a Canon 80D and a RC6 wireless remote. I have several passes coming up where the International Space Station is transiting the sun or the moon.  I have my camera on a sturdy tripod. I'd like to use the high speed continuous drive mode to capture the ISS in front of the sun/moon.  I can't touch the shutter button or the camera shakes. The RC6 remote won't trigger the camera in high speed continuous drive mode. Is there a way I can use high speed continuous drive mode and trigger the camera remotely?  Thank you for your time.

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I think a time lapse set of images could do it.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You can try the wired remote - it just acts like the shutter button. As a last ditch thing, just hit the shutter several seconds before the transit to give the camera time to settle (this might not work in RAW because of the buffer size). I would think that mirror slap might cause just as much vibration.

It's not quite what you're looking for advice wise but you may be interested in this thread at another forum.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1510247

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
Announcements