cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 80D ! button "greyed out"

Andyroo
Apprentice

My Canon 80D will not work as the Quick Menu doesn't allow access and I can't change/edit settings. It will take pictures but wont show them afterwards and no other buttons will work! if you have any ideas or need me to send you pictures feel free to contact me i need help! 

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Does the standard menu button work?

Do you have a lock button? Is it on?

None of the buttons work. I can press menu, info etc. as much as i want and nothing happens. When I actually do have the lock button on I can see it shows the message "Locked" When I try and edit whereas when it's not on no message shows,

Call Canon. I suspect you have something broken.

Tim
Authority

Hello Andyroo, 

There are a few troubleshooting steps I'd like to try to resolve this issue. 

- Anything you attach or install in the camera — memory cards, lens, battery, grips should be removed.

Once the lens is off let's check it using the steps below.

- Clean the lens contacts to restore connection with the body.

**Warning** - Do not clean lens contacts on either a Canon lens or the camera body with an eraser! It's incredibly easy to rub off the gold plating on these contacts, and end up with data communication problems! Our strong recommendation is to use a soft, clean, micro fiber cloth. Again, please do not use anything abrasive.

- Try using a different EF lens (we recommend to try this with a Canon-brand EF lens, doesn't have to be the same focal length as the one you were using) there can sometimes be communication error issues related to certain third-party lenses on EOS bodies and checking this with a Canon-brand lens eliminates this as a possible factor.

If the issues seem to persist the next step would be to send the equipment to Canon for service.

You may fill out an online repair request form at the following link to setup your repair using our online service.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements