cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 70d

bikash12
Apprentice
I just purchased a new Canon 70D...once I start recording, it records for a few seconds...small boxes appear on senter of the display screen and then it shuts down and says "Movie recording has been stopped automatically".
3 REPLIES 3

Ray-uk
Whiz

Maximum video recording time 29minutes & 59 seconds, if it stopping before this time then it could be due to poor battery or unsuitable or full memory card. It could shut down if the sensor is getting too hot but this rarely happens under normal ambient temperature conditions.

Stephen

Hi bikash12!

Welcome to the Canon Community!

Ray-UK has some great points! He reminded me of THIS THREAD that is a little older, and talks about another camera model, but has some information you might find helpful. 

Remember, you want a reputable name brand class 6 or 10 card, and we've found more often than not, full-sized cards work better than micro cards in an adapter. 

isidroco
Contributor

1) Try with a faster memory, al least class 10. Class 4 memory or bad quality memory will stop after a few seconds.

2) Try installing Magic Lantern and increase compression of movies so less mb/sec are written to card, use value of 0.7x or lower.

3) Film in 640x480 30fps will not require a high speed memory.

Announcements