cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 70d Magenta Lines

misterkashmiri
Apprentice
Hello i have a Canon EOS 70d and I am getting a magenta banding on the images and it appears on the lcd. It happens a lot when I turn on the camera, but doesn't happen as much when the camera has been running for a while. Out of every 10 photos like 4 will have the bands, I was thinking it was the CMOS CCD image sensor. I don't know for sure and need help figuring the issue out, so please help.
4 REPLIES 4

ScottyP
Authority

Does the purple form along lines with high contrast in the images, like along tree branches against a sky, or along a white painted windowsill on a house?  That is chromatic aberration and it is from your lens not the camera. It is easy to fix in post though. 

If you are are talking about some kind of bands appearing on your LCD only, then I don't know. Possibly your polarized antiglare coating on your glasses not playing nicely with the LCD. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

I agreed with ScottyP : on your LCD only ?

Does the problem showed when the images are browsed in your computer ? If so, it's the sensor problem.

Otherwise, you may have a faulty LCD.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@misterkashmiri wrote:
Hello i have a Canon EOS 70d and I am getting a magenta banding on the images and it appears on the lcd. It happens a lot when I turn on the camera, but doesn't happen as much when the camera has been running for a while. Out of every 10 photos like 4 will have the bands, I was thinking it was the CMOS CCD image sensor. I don't know for sure and need help figuring the issue out, so please help.

I suspect you're correct about the sensor failure.  Can you post a sample image?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Try a brand new SD card.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements