Canon Community Canon Community

VIP

Re: Canon 6d Mark II /very soft photos

"Ok, so your telling us your 6D2 had a manufacturing defect...  and you are getting it fixed."

I am not so convinced he has a problem but at least when he gets it back, he will have confidence the camera is OK.

A lot less stuff for 2018 but still a lot of Canon stuff. Along with, a lot of other stuff.
Valued Contributor

Ernie,

Yes.  I couldn't discern what he was facing with the previous info removed.

Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 (f/w 1.0.3) ~16-35mm f2.8L II, 50 f1.8 STM, 85 prime, 70-200 f2.8L IS II ~Sigma 24-70 f2.8 Art (f/w 2.0) ~Sigma 150-600 C (f/w 1.03)
~Speedlite 430 EX II ~DPP 4.8.20 ~Windows10 Pro nVidia GPU 1709 ~Nexus6P Oreo 8.1 ~Samsung s9+ Oreo 8.0
Honored Contributor

@shadowsports wrote:

Ernie,

Yes.  I couldn't discern what he was facing with the previous info removed.

There may have been a batch of cameras to leave the factory with a misaligned AF sensor assembly.  There is more than one thread on this forum about poorly focusing 6D II bodies.  When owners sent them in for warranty repair, the reported diagnosis was always related to the AF sensor assembly.  I recall that it was reportedly misaligned.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Of this machine substitute yes that I like, it is what I have used the canon in recent years, this machine with the same configuration of the other pleases me, has sharpness and excellent image. the assistance is for this, maybe problem in the focus would not be the first. Only that the assistance of the canon is very time consuming. I have an 80D canon that after 2 months also broke down. I was working and disconnected from nowhere, they told me it was from the card slot, I do not know if it would be or just know that now it works very well, films with excellent image and photography is also excellent. Thanks to friends. greetings