cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 6D strange coloured and white pixels.

Toonen1988
Contributor

First of all, i'm not from the US but from Europe (The Netherlands) but this was the only decent official forum that i could find. 

But anyway, i bought a Canon 6D begin 2017 and i do like this camera very much. I use it mainly for landscape, urbex and many other things. 

But i found out recently that i have strange pixels on my pictures, especially when it's dark with a longer exposure. Some pictures have it more then other ones. 

Here is a example, you can see a lot of strange pixels white and coloured to the left of the picture (tip: right click on it and open in a new tab to see it in fullscreen). I haven't edited this picture yet, this is a JPG from the RAW version, nothing else. I also tried to clean my lens because i thought it was some dust on the lens, but it didn't solved it. How can i solve it, shall i send it back to Canon i still have some warranty, or is this something i can solve myself, since i need my camera next friday again. 

LfuFrVY.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

Toonen1988
Contributor

Thank you for all the reply guys, i really appreciate it. I've been busy for the last few weeks, so i forget this topic. I've tried a few things the past few weeks including noise reduction options without any succes. 

I found some tutorials how to clean and remap the sensor with a build-in fuction, thank you for letting me knowing about this healing tool That's the only solution i have left for now. I will let you guys know if this will fix the problem. 

If everything else fails try Pixel Fixer, a free program that you can download. A Google search will find it.

Announcements