cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 600d White fill issues

summer88
Contributor

Everytime i took photos on my canon 600d white fill always appear, i tried resetting everyting and changing everything but no to avail success, googling also i tried but no sucess any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

...and your camera will still not function correctly.  Call Canon Support.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

The picture is grossly overexposed. One thing that can cause that is using a TTL flash unit on an E-TTL camera (and the 600D is undoubtedly an E-TTL camera). Many flash units can be set either way. If you're using one, make sure it's set to E-TTL.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Here's your EXIF data:

Looks like you used manual exposure

Tv (Shutter Speed): 1/100
Av (Aperture Value): 5.6
Exposure Compensation: 0
ISO Speed: 3200

Looks like you cranked up the ISO to 3200.  You are heavily over-exposing the shot.   

For what it's worth... I very much doubt Ernie was being sarcastic.  We get people all the time who aren't sure why they are having a problem with their camera.  Usually if they provide a sample shot WITH all the EXIF (meta-data) included, we can often figure out what happened.  In your case, your upload did include the exposure meta-data.

The good news is there's nothing wrong with your camera ... it did what you told you told it to do.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

IMG_7091.JPG

IMG_7089.JPG

Thanks guys for your support, this is the latest image that i've taken from the cam, i did the advise you have mentioned, and produced the same result

You are still using manual exposure at ISO 3200.

Put your mode control dial at full auto (green square) and try again.

...although the purple shouldn't be there (that is concerning).  There can be a few reasons for it, but they mostly suggest that the file on the card is corrupt.  Why it's corrupt is another question... is the card ok (I'd reformat the card or try a different card) or is the camera itself having a problem (there is no camera setting that would ever result in a shot coming out purple like that.)  So unless you did something very strange with the lighting in the room, I'd be worried about that.

I would do as Ray suggested... turn the mode dial to full Automatic mode (the green box with the "A+" in it) and take a shot.  In that mode the camera will choose all settings and will try to take shot using reasonably safe settings.   This is not to suggest you should always shoot in that mode (I never use that mode) -- but it's a good way to test the camera to make sure something you set isn't causing the problem.

I would also re-format your memory card using the "low level" option enabled.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

IMG_7098.JPGIMG_7097.JPGIMG_7097.JPG

SD Card Low Level Format, Full AUTO

You are beginning to give in to what is necessary but not quite!

Quote...

"Go outside on a nice clear day with Sunshine.  Set the camera to Daylight WB and ISO 200.  Put the lens in AF mode, switch on the lens. Set the camera to full auto, usually the green square.  Try it and see it works as it should.

If you can't get proper pictures after doing this ask a camera knowledgeable friend to do it for you."

Why are you trying to shoot odd subjects indoors?  And, why do you resist, so?  If you can't take the advice given here, call Canon Support, today.

EB

"ask a camera knowledgeable friend to do it for you."
i see your point ..sorry but it offers the same result, thanks but i've seen enough..

...and your camera will still not function correctly.  Call Canon Support.

EB

Again..Thank you for such kind assistance
Announcements