cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 5d mark ii

IngusElksnis
Apprentice

hello,i just bought canon 5d mark ii with 24-70 2.8L can any1 recomed to me with flash will be good?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

430 ex II or 580 ex ii, or the new 600 ex-rt.  <----the best Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I would recommend of Canon's speedlite flashes.  I would go with the 430EX II, 430EX III-RT, 600EX, or the 600EX-RT.  The RT models are the latest releases.  The newer models are RT, radio transmitter, controlled.  The older models are infrafred controlled and require a clear line of sight to activate remote flash units.

I would recommend going with the 600EX-RT, or the budget minded 430EX II.  The RT models require an RT transmitter unit in order to make remote flashes operate in radio mode.  The flashes have built-in RT recievers  The 600EX also has an RT transmitter built-it, while the 430EX does not. 

Aside from the difference in flash power, I think the current sale price of the 430EX II makes it a great buy if you're on a budget, compared to the more powerful 600EX flash.  You could almost buy two 430s for the price of one 600.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

430 ex II or 580 ex ii, or the new 600 ex-rt.  <----the best Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I would recommend of Canon's speedlite flashes.  I would go with the 430EX II, 430EX III-RT, 600EX, or the 600EX-RT.  The RT models are the latest releases.  The newer models are RT, radio transmitter, controlled.  The older models are infrafred controlled and require a clear line of sight to activate remote flash units.

I would recommend going with the 600EX-RT, or the budget minded 430EX II.  The RT models require an RT transmitter unit in order to make remote flashes operate in radio mode.  The flashes have built-in RT recievers  The 600EX also has an RT transmitter built-it, while the 430EX does not. 

Aside from the difference in flash power, I think the current sale price of the 430EX II makes it a great buy if you're on a budget, compared to the more powerful 600EX flash.  You could almost buy two 430s for the price of one 600.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Agree withwaddizzle. The RT version adds so little cost and yet adds so much functionality. No monkeying with line of sight or with separate RT transmitter and receiver units. The new 430 RT is especially affordable.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

TCampbell
Elite
Elite
I switched to the Canon radio system and I can't imagine switching to anything else. Rock solid reliability and incredibly versatile.
Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

sid009
Apprentice

Hello All,

By mistake, I have taken a photo in Manual falsh mode without attaching external flash. After this incident, when i am trying to take a photo, it's giving a black screen and no image is getting captured to the memory card. Also its not turning on the video mode and the shutter sound is very slow, not as sharp as before.

Any suggestions/guidelines to correct the same are most welcome.

Thanks in Advance. 

Announcements