cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 5d ii intermittently not recording to CF card

maddy33
Contributor

Hello,

Having intermittent issues with my d5 ii not recording still images, which has never happened in the past. Once in a while I’ll take photos just to find out that they didn’t record to the card. It has happened with 2 Lexar Pro 800x 16 GB UDMA7 cards. I chimp on my first exposure to see the image on the screen and then do the rest of my shots without looking back, at this point I know now to look at the image through the menu, but do forget. The cards have been reformatted. I do take the card out to read on the computer and then use it in the camera without reformatting. I get lazy and edit some images in photoshop straight out of the cf card, at this point the images have not been saved to the computer until the editing is done. The camera is set to not take pix without a card. I’m shooting in manual taking RAW images.

I’ve got 2 new cards coming, but doubt that is the issue.

I’m going to Florida next week and want to make sure that the images will save.

Any advice would greatly be appreciated!

Mark

10 REPLIES 10

@maddy33 wrote:
Yes, same camera, cards and computer.
I will change my "habits" it's just hard knowing which might be needing changed... I'll start by downloading images then working with those from the hard drive. I'll re-format the cards each time I put them back into the camera. Beyond that, I am at a loose.

Again, the goal is to eliminate possibilities.  Changing some of your work habits is just a means to eliminate a set of possibilities.  Of course, they are others.  New memory cards are inexpensive.  Reformatting them is even cheaper.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements