cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 5Ds lenses

Ryanjrector
Apprentice
Will the lens that I have make a massive difference in the quality of the image. I’m guessi that if you buy a professional lens you will have a better made product I’m just wondering if I would have to buy a professional grade lens to get the full 50.4 megapixels out of the camera. Any information on this topic is welcome, thanks
5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You answered your own question.

Too get the best out of the camera you need the best lenses (for canon that means 'L') and the bestest techniques.

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

The lens is more imporant than the camera body.  It would be pointless to have 50MP if the lens can't resolve the detail you want.

When you get into the 1D & 5D series bodies, you probably want to be looking at Canon L series lenses.  There are some 3rd party lenses that are also very good.   Usually (but not always) the Canon L series lenses are the top performers.

And since these are expensive lenses... this is an area where you might want to rent your potential lenses before deciding which to buy.  This way you can make sure they'll be suitable for your needs.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The quality of your images will never exceed the quality of your lenses.  If you use consumer lenses, then your photos will look like they were taken with a Point & Shoot.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

" I’m just wondering if I would have to buy a professional grade lens..."

At 50mp you not only need better lens', but you need the best of the best.  Lens is where its at.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Think of it this way, a great lens can make a poor camera look better.  But a poor lens is going to make a great camera look worse.  Make sense?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements