Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Canon 5D Mark iv Firmware Questions

[ Edited ]

I'm looking to purchase the full frame sensor 5D mark iv...I've been reading articles and studying up on the attributes of the camera over my Canon 7D ii....I've seen several owners make remarks about issues requiring 'a fix" that comes with updates I guess, to the operating system of the camera, in the cases of certain glitches...

I really dont' understand totally the concept of "firmware" or what it may or may not do...my perception is that it is like updates sent by Dell or Microsoft to change performance in some regard on my PC...

My question is...rather that looking at all the possible firrmware that has been put out for the 5d Mark iv...can I ask Canon to perform whatever operation is necessary with any new camera I may order so that it has all the updates and whateverr current installs of  firmware may be necessary.....??