cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 5D Mark II Streaming - White Square

vegas123
Apprentice

Hi Guys,

I am trying to stream video from my 5D but I don't know how I can get rid of the white square which keeps showing up on the preview screen. It disappears when I hit record but as mentioned I don't wanna be recording, just streaming.

Also, do you guys know if it is possible to prevent the 5D screen from turning off when an HDMI cable is connected?

Thanks very much in advance!!
Best wishes

IMG_9727.JPG

6 REPLIES 6

Peter
Authority
Authority
On the lens, from AF to MF.

The other thing with screen off, I don't think even the magic lantern team solved that. Hardware thingy.

Hi Peter, Thanks very much for your response! Unfortunately switching from AF to MF just turnes the square into a smaller square but it is still there. Any other idea? Thaanks again!!

In MF-mode, press INFO a couple of times. It works on my 7D and 6D.

Hmh no the square is still there. When I press INFO it just shows me the battery status and some other stuff but the square always stays on the screen no matter how many times I press the button.

hey i figured out a little loop hole download the drivers for the 6d! (it works for the 5d mark2) download the new webcam beta canon released rather then using a capture card.... you can use the usb hub which gets rid of the square box....

Also if your on windows i had to go through an update so again you will need 2 things 

EOS utility and the new webcam beta again when u search software driver downloads through canon use the driver of the 6d (the 6d is really the 5d with a bunch of add ons) Cheers it works for me! 100 percent... again the webcam beta and the eos utility can't run at the same time! so when u go to use it as a webcam to stream make sure you quit the eos utility again cheers tell me if it works! thanks!

Peter
Authority
Authority
You are right. I use magic lantern on both of my cameras. That's why it works for me. I removed magic lantern and I get the square there.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements