cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 5D Mark 4 C-log update gone?

Colorz
Contributor
I did an original C-log update/upgrade on my camera, worked great..untill i did a software update (1.01 to 1.04) and now my clog is gone, missing in the menu.. is here someone maybe that knows more about this problem?
11 REPLIES 11

It's not just a software update, they do something with the hardware too. It took me quite long, and now i am still waiting..maybe a few months again. It first took me long before i could get someone on the phone from canon Belgium (lol). they said that i had to ask the store where i bought my camera, where they upgraded the camera. So I did. And the store sended a mail to the upgrader, no response. So i waited a few weeks, sended an email back to the store, and got replied that they where still waiting on an answer..I asked the store the same question about 5 times..so months go by and I had still no answer what the heck was going on. Then i got a little bit pissed and 'demanded' an answer or i would go to an upgrader myself and would let check everything. Then i got the phonenumber from the official spokesmen from canon Belgium. Explained what happened, he assured me they will try to replicate this 'bug' and make an update for it..and if i needed Clog, they will hand over me another camera with clog ON it..was a nice man.. But indeed, a very big struggle just for one question...

Thank you for the update as many users are in this thread and watching like me. I went to a local canon shop the official canon lab or factory in Orange County (I live in la). I had not even thought about this but have realized there is a firmware update. 
but as you list two possible ways to install the firmware . I have not done the update yet.

I wanted to confirm that others did it successfully. I remember updating firmware in the past via the card as this was I think the only way to do this. I m speaking from experience in history. As I owned a 1Dmk4 then the 6D, before finally buying the 5Dmk4 that I use now. 

since I use a canon printer as well, I am not sure what I used, as the printer uses various software.

this camera I just noticed needing the firmware or possible firmware but was not told if I needed it as it might not be compatible or for my needs using older hardware non RF etc. And or the streaming iotion not necessary.

can you share a link for the firmware list of features? 

again thank you for this information and also if you can is there a good link for the utility software that would work or is that a pc only? 

sometimes I cannot find older software or miss a utility totally if it is buried in a list. 

lastly I remember using a movie utility for Final Cut Pro.the older software…

was not sure what happened to the movie utility, if it is no longer needed.

but the cLog footage I plan in using Resolve to color grade. Not canon photo software.

but it may be necessary to convert footage using the canon ?

Announcements