cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 5D Mark 4 C-log update gone?

Colorz
Contributor
I did an original C-log update/upgrade on my camera, worked great..untill i did a software update (1.01 to 1.04) and now my clog is gone, missing in the menu.. is here someone maybe that knows more about this problem?
11 REPLIES 11

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Unless you are aware of a disclaimer telling you not to upgrade the FW on your body, I don't think there is any reason why Canon won't assist you.  1-800-652-2666 is where I would start.  

THe feature became available in July, the CLog update was a $99 paid upgrade from canon.  You had to send your body in for upgrade.

Bodies sold after July came with the update installed (optional).  If you had the feature and got it legitimately as an upgrade or purchase, Canon will have record of it and should take care of you

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/explore/see-legendary/canon-log

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Colorz
Contributor
Thanks, i hope so because i already did send a mail with my serial number etc..no answer, guess maybe they are looking for a solution.. 😉 that's why I posted here also..you never know..

Be sure to follow up and post your outcome.  If this happened to you, its going to happen to others. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Will do!

Colorz
Contributor

I've got 2 new servicenumbers from canon now.. Sended the same question to canon, one send in from 5 december and one from 10 december..still no answer..I'll give them a few more days, it's getting ridicilous.

Hi Colorz,

Was your EOS 5D Mark IV updated to C-LOG here in the USA? Are you emailing Canon USA? Do you live in the USA?

If you're not in the USA, and you're emailing Canon USA, our team will not be able to assist you. If you are in the USA, you'll receive immediate support by calling 1-800-828-4040 weekdays 8am to Midnight (ET) and Saturdays from 10am to 8pm (ET).

If you're outside the US, you'll want to reach out to Canon in your country by clicking HERE.

Thanks. I'm from Belgium..i bought my mark 4 before the Clog update, so i did the upgrade by canon. Clog was on it like it supposed to be, then i did that same evening the firmware update, the next morning i saw the clog was gone..so till now still didn't had the chance to test the new Clog. Offcourse I mailed the helpdesk here, still without any answer.

Ok here is finally an update, it took me very long i know but i was constantly waiting on confirmation. Finally I talked with the official dealer here on the phone and he had a little update. So you have 2 ways to update your camera with firmware, thats trough utility or you put the software on the card an let the camera update via the card. IF you have Clog, and you do an update via 'canon utility' seems there is no problem..However, if you put the firmware on the card an update from there..well.. there could be a bug that removes the clog from the register..and that's what happened. The info is now underway and they assured me they are working on this..so i have to wait. They kindly said that whenever i have to use the clog, they wil give me another camera so that will be ok. (again sorry for my bad english)

I wonder why it takes so long for Canon to fix your camera? I thought that C-log is just a software update that could be loaded by Canon in matter of minutes. Are you claiming this issue to Canon Belgium or to your camera shop where you bought the 5D mark IV?

Announcements