cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 5D MKIII - autofocusing problem

dbamott
Apprentice

:-)It will only autofocuse in A+ and NOT in any position. I´ve tried with my 24-7mm and my 100-400 mm origianl canon lenses.

What is wrong?? The camera is brand new  Comming from a 40D.. Have I missed something in the menu? and a upgrade to latest firmware didn´t fix  the problem..

Does anyone has a solution?

Thank you in advance..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

To change you go to C.Fn2 menu (the 2 of 4 menu with the Orange Camera symbol) the go to "Custom Controls".  The first one is the Shutter butt. half-press, choose AF On and Metering.  I'm surprised that "Clearing All C.Fn" didn't work but then I never had to use it yet... :).  Please let me know if this solves your problem.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Could you tell me roughly "I know its not rock solid commited price" But a rough price of what it takes to have a camera body 60D adjusted or calibrated or even fixed if it was banged up against a solid object and the focus seems to be off a bit. I did this with my 60D at wedding and now the from left to right the focus seems to be off on one side versus the other side. I have tried several lenses 5 of them all seem to do it "Slightly" the wider lenses tend to show it more out of focuse. Much like the "Swings" or "tilt" on a 4x5 camera on the focusing plane.  So if I take a photo ambient light of a wall of paintings I can focus at on the center and the right side might be in focus and the left side is slightly out of focus or vice versa. If I shoot with a smaller apeture its less apparent if I shoot a wider apeture its more apparent. So I dont know if the senser out of alignment or something along those lines. Anyone have a idea of ROUGHLY how much it would cost to get it fixed or adjusted to be correct again? 

Thanks. 

Hi Viscara!

Welcome to the Canon Forums! The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature, please feel free to CONTACT US either by phone during business hours or email 24 hours a day!

Hi Viscara!

Welcome to the Canon Forum.

We are unable to provide estimates on the behalf of the Factory Service Center.  However, if you send the camera to the Factory Service Center, they will provide you with a free estimate of the necessary service prior to working on it.  At that time, you can choose to accept or decline based on the estimate.

To start this process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Canon Service probably has a flat fee.  You will need to give it to them to find out if it fits in the flat fee range.  They are very good, way better than most companies including non-camera ones!  All companies should operate like Canon Service does.

The problem is the fee may be near what a used 60D is worth.  Benefit you will know it is right and good to go.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Peripheral
Apprentice

I own a 40D (good camera), and a Canon 5DM3 (also a good camera).

Hmm: I have had some disuptive actions over time. I own an A1 too. Anyway. IF you have a Canon lense (EF/LS) I guess on the 5D3, use anything but A+. Learn to use the best camera made to date. Sorry.

For example, taking pictures of stills, it is a great simple camera.

For fast action, (NASCAR/ Sports), learn angles and MANUAL settings. Old school.

In closing, if you feel your particuliar camera has a physical problem, then work with your provider.

Dr Geno

Announcements