cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 25ef mkl ext tube

Denchoc
Apprentice
Hi there please could you help I’ve a canon 200d and a 70-300mm mkll lens will the older canon 25mm mkl ext tube work with my kit ? As I’ve noticed that the mkll has 8 contact pins and the mkl has 11 contact pins I’m thinking as long as it has 8 or more it should work ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Denchoc
Apprentice
That’s great many thanks 🙏 your a true gent

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I doubt it, if that combo will work.  I would expect that you would get an error message.  Even if you do not get an error message, you will almost definitely lose the ability to autofocus.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Denchoc
Apprentice
Ok many thanks for your help looks like I’ll have to buy the 25EF Mkll rhank you for your help

@Denchoc wrote:
Ok many thanks for your help looks like I’ll have to buy the 25EF Mkll rhank you for your help

Save your money.  Do not consider using an extender with your current camera body, nor with that lens.

You will still lose the ability to use autofocus.  That’s how extenders work.  Save your money.  Do some more research on how extenders work, and what compromises in image quality and camera performance that they introduce.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Denchoc
Apprentice
We’re are taking about an extension tube not an extender yes ?

Have you tried using it yet?

The EF25 Extension tube should work with any Canon EF lens just as well as the EF25 II. The only real difference is that the EF25 II can also be mounted with EF-S lenses. Keep in mind that you will not be able to focus at infinity and will only be able to focus at close distances.  

Canon extension tubes - EOS Magazine

Clipboard01a.jpg

Clipboard01b.jpg

Mike Sowsun

Denchoc
Apprentice
That’s great many thanks 🙏 your a true gent
Announcements