Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 1Dx Focus Point Question

AcquiredFocus
Contributor

Hello all !!  

New 1Dx mk I owner here.

Can I see the focus point(s) on captures I've just taken on the back screen?

Respectfully,

Acquired Focus

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@AcquiredFocus wrote:

Hello all !!  

New 1Dx mk I owner here.

Respectfully,

Acquired Focus

You should.  I can see it with my 6D, and my 1D Mark IV.  Check the menus or the user manual.  

[EDIT]. Just be aware that you might only see an AF point ONLY if it is active and locked.  In One Shot mode, this is typically the case.  In AI Servo mode, depending upon your settings, the camera may still take a picture without having an AF lock.  Basically, if you can see the AF point in the DPP application, then you should be able to see it in the camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@AcquiredFocus wrote:

Hello all !!  

New 1Dx mk I owner here.

Respectfully,

Acquired Focus

You should.  I can see it with my 6D, and my 1D Mark IV.  Check the menus or the user manual.  

[EDIT]. Just be aware that you might only see an AF point ONLY if it is active and locked.  In One Shot mode, this is typically the case.  In AI Servo mode, depending upon your settings, the camera may still take a picture without having an AF lock.  Basically, if you can see the AF point in the DPP application, then you should be able to see it in the camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you I found it. AF Focus display was disabled.

I don't know about the 1Dx, but on my T6S, the focus points won't display if the lens distortion correction is on. I guess it is because the correction destroys the 1:1 relationship of pixels on the screen.

Announcements