cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 1D Mark III flashes busy on the top lcd. The back lcd does not function, no menu or info.

MOWpic
Apprentice

I have a Canon 1D Mark III. When you press the shutter button halfway down the top lcd flashes "busy". The camera is now non functional; back lcd prohibits use of menu, info and picture review. You can not take pictures. Need advice. 

3 REPLIES 3

cicopo
Elite

About the only thing you may be able to try is a hard reset, which requires taking the battery out PLUS (and I'm assuming that body uses one) the watch style battery that keeps the date & time out & leave them out for 12 hours or so. This totally erases anything held in memory.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I have been a 1D Mk III owner since they came out. I still use a 1Ds Mk III even now.  It is a fantastic camera.  But I believe yours is done or at least needs some service.  I don't think Canon still services the Mk III but a call from you them is required.

Resetting the camera by removing "both" batteries is worth a try.  You can tell if it did reset if you have to input the time an date when you turn it on.

The keep alive battery is in the top of the regular battery compartment.  Leave both batteries out for 30 minutes or so.   The camera does not need the keep alive to operate.

You might try a brand new Canon brand battery, too.  Don't buy an off brand battery, ever!  Also check your charger for proper operation.  It is very expensive so you probably don't want to buy a new one.  Don't buy or use off brand chargers either.  Both or either of these can and do damage a 1D Mk III.

If Canon doesn't repair the Mk III any longer, first choice, you can try Midwest Camera Repair.  They are an authorized Canon repair shop.

Good luck

EB

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

It is at Canon repaire center now...we will see. Thanks for post. Appreciated.....

Announcements