cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can improper wifi disconnection damage the memory card abd camera?

egosumcarlo
Contributor

Hi. I have a Canon 80D. I was viewing pictures on the camera through my iPhone that was wirelessly connected and running the Canon Camera Connect application. However, when I decided that I was done viewing, I absentmindedly turned off the wifi of my iPhone by going into settings on my iPhone instead of disconnecting the Canon Camera Connect app. Could this have damaged the memory card and/or the camera since as I understand it, I might have interrupted the camera and the card while it was reading data?. Is there a way to check if the card and/or camera software got corrupted? Thanks in advance for your inputs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

The camera is fine. The card is only a problem if it was writing to the card when it got disconnected, which is unlikely. If you want, you can make sure you have all the pictures saved off the camera and reformat the card.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

The camera is fine. The card is only a problem if it was writing to the card when it got disconnected, which is unlikely. If you want, you can make sure you have all the pictures saved off the camera and reformat the card.

egosumcarlo
Contributor
Thanks @kvbarkley for the explanation 😊
Announcements