cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I stream audio to PC via USB from Canon 60D?

Moda
Contributor

Hey everyone!

So recently I begun streaming on Twitch and faced various problems.
One of them was sound recording. I have a cheap mic on my headphones but it's not what I really need I figured. So I remembered my DSLR can record sound too!(what a shocker, right?) And the quality should be good enough for now.
I stream video from my DSLR using Canon's EOS Utility via USB. It works okay but I don't see any audio panel. Only what you can see here: http://i.imgur.com/eySZJXF.png
So I started searching the internet. Maybe there's no way you can stream audio via USB I thought. Only HDMI which I cannot connect because I don't have any Capture card right now.
Then I stumbled upon this YouTUbe video: https://youtu.be/kH7csnAHEJ4?t=201
So the girl on video manages to get some sort of audio panel on her EOS Utility interface.
I saw some guy in comments asking her about audio panel but didn't get the response.

So maybe you guys got any clues regarding this problem?

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

To answer your question, no.

Obviously, your question is motivated by a need to solve a problem, and this is one solution you have come up with.  But, you don't know how to implement it.  What are you trying to do?  

Why don't you buy a web cam?  The Canon EOS utility is not intended for video streaming.  Your DSLR isn't designed to stream video, either.  You cannot get a "clean" video signal out of it, not unless you have the most expensive DSLR that Canon sells.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks for the answer!
Well why would I need a web cam if I already have my DSLR?
If something isn't designed to do certain things that doesn't mean you cannot do them.
Picture quality is very nice so I see no reason not to use it as a face cam streaming some gaming videos.
I mean if I won't find the solution to stream audio from my camera's built-in mic I'll just buy another.
Thanks for concerns tho!

@Moda wrote:
Thanks for the answer!
Well why would I need a web cam if I already have my DSLR?
If something isn't designed to do certain things that doesn't mean you cannot do them.
Picture quality is very nice so I see no reason not to use it as a face cam streaming some gaming videos.
I mean if I won't find the solution to stream audio from my camera's built-in mic I'll just buy another.
Thanks for concerns tho!

If something isn't designed to do certain things, then that means that it is not designed to do certain things.  End of Story.  I would advise that you stop trying to find ways to do things your DSLR wasn't designed to do before you smoke it.

I strongly suggest that you should read your camara's Instruction Manual.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Wow... Thank you very much for your concerns 🙂
Announcements