cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera not recognixed by computer

ritagoldberg
Contributor

My EOS 70D is recognized immediately by my laptop, but after years of working fine with different versions of Windows it is no longer recognized by my desktop. The camera is listed among the devices, where it says that there is a driver problem. Trouble is, the camera does not need a driver in Windows 10. I installed the EOS utility update, but that did not help. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the camera, but that did not help either. In addition, I tried using the card in the reader slot on the desktop, but it was not recognized. I'd really appreciate suggestions about what my next step should be.

12 REPLIES 12

Well a fresh install of Win 10 detects my camera just fine. 

I suspect there was some issue (software) on my Win 7 that didn't cause a problem with detecting the camera (driver already installed) but messed up Win 10. 

Thanks for the idea. I'm away from home for a while but will look into reinstalling Windows 10 when I return.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Strictly speaking "N" version means No Media. European and Korean versions come that way, but I have read that some NA installations also are that way.

If you are sure you have media system give Canon a call.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements