cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best street photography lens

idanidan123
Enthusiast

Hey guys, I just got the 70D (finally) and I wanna know what would you recoomend as the best street photography lens. I currently have the 28-105mm and the 90-300mm. I've heard the 50mm is a popular one, and so is the 35mm. What do you think about these lenses ? Do you have more suggestions for me ?

Thanks in advance !

11 REPLIES 11

@idanidan123 wrote:
I prefer lenses under 170$

Don't we all. 8^)

The 40mm pancake is also an option.

@kvbarkley wrote:

@idanidan123 wrote:
I prefer lenses under 170$

Don't we all. 8^)

The 40mm pancake is also an option.

I like the EF 40mm f/2.8 STM lens.  It's another pancake, which makes them good for urban areas.  You don't look like Joe the Pro Photographer, with a big lens.  Makes your gear look like an inexpensive point and shoot, until you take a closer look.  And, the image quality is really good.

Many inexpensive zooms can equal the image quality of many inexpensive primes.  So, why buy a prime?  I have discovered that I shoot better pictures with a prime.  The lack of zoom forces me to think and compose a shot. 

With a zoom, I can fall into a rapid fire, point and shoot mode, without moving my feet.  A prime forces me to move my feet to frame shots, and THINK about what I am doing.  As a result, I usually get better better exposures and a higher keeper rate.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements