Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: Battery grip for Canon 77d

Now I understand why Canon calls it "Movie Electronic IS" instead of "IBIS". To me, "In Body Image Stabilization" would include in body electronically shifting of the image on the sensor to stabilize the image. 

I appreciate the correction! 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Battery grip for Canon 77d

secondlevel wrote:
I don't think there will be a grip. The store that I bought it from said the t6s grip will not work. I don't see extra contacts in the battery compartment.

Third party manufacturers make grips for the T5.  The grips use a hard wired connection between the grip, and the remote shutter input on the side of the camera.  You don't have to use the external wire to use the grip for extra power.

Awkward, but ask yourself this.  How often will you really be using the camera body in portrait mode?  How often do you do it now?  Whatever your current habits, they'll likely continue unchanged by a grip.  The extra battery power is what you really want, anyway.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."